26 February 2007

The one about the windy Windworx concert




I haven't posted for a while. Work has been hectic and we've been gymming like mad in the evenings.

We had our first Windworx concert yesterday afternoon. It was a combined open air band/picnic festival at the Nelson's Creek Wine Estate. The University of Stellenbosch Symphonic Wind Ensemble and the Marimbas from the Frank Peters Centre perform for an audience sprawled on the lawn. The concert pretty much sucked because the wind blowed our stands and music all over the wine estate.

Before the concert Abraham and I had lunch with Hannah and her family at Boschendal. Hannah is one of my oldest, best and dearest friends. The Boschendal buffét is an amazing culinary experience and one that I hope to repeat soon. Hannah and Braamie passed out even before the concert started...

I am visible in the first picture (courtesy of Adeleida).

No comments: