18 August 2007

The one about Jean Daneel Wines


Meandering down Kloof Street, I noticed that the building materials to renovate Lifestyles on Kloof was less obstructive, and decided to celebrate this by getting drunk for free at Wine Concepts. Before tasting some wine, I questioned the store about the Tamboerskloof Voignier 2006, to me an unexplore cultivar . Luckily, the wine maker of Katbakkies was at hand to enlighten me. Jean-Pierré Daneel was in store to promote the Jean Daneel wines. Four wines were available for tasting and all were excellent. This cellar is known for its superb Chenin Blanc, but at the end I invested (wine is now too expensive to just buy... rather, you invest) in JD Initial White, a Chenin, Semillon/Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc blend. As you can see, JPD, offers quite an attractive label.

No comments: