30 March 2008

The one where I rediscover my Alexander



1983: started playing the French horn at the Green Hill Music School in Bloemfontein
1989: my mother bought an instrument made by the Alexander Brothers from a horn player in Bloemfontein (Mr Roohde? - I remember his daughter was an excellent violinist)
1989: Horn damaged during Free State Youth Orchestra tour to KZN.
1989: After several local failed attempts to repair the instrument, I took the horn to Mainz to be repaired.
1991: I stopped playing.
1998: Karen Brink bought the horn for one of her students at Durbanville High School in Cape Town
2008/03/28: Found! The Alexander now belongs to Jane. The irony is that we have been playing together in various orchestras for almost two years! She bought the horn from someone in Johannesburg!

No comments: