30 November 2009

The one with almost last post...

Today is the last day that we occupy the apartment on Kloof Street. I asked Braamie to take a last photo. Four years were way too short. I could do with a lifetime on Kloof Street. Although I felt protected from the woes of the world in my little patch of paradise, I have witnesses the ripples of the current economic downturn on Kloof Street. If you ever go to Cape Town, be sure to visit some of the places that I have written about, gaze up in wonder at Table Mountain as you drive/walk up the street and experience the energy that is uniquely Cape Town. I cried while I was writing this... not of sorrow, but just because I am letting go.

5 comments:

Piotr M said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Things change sometimes. Maybe it is time to move on. Hope you will write another blog from another patch of paradise.

rubyruby said...

where are you moving to?

Jan-Stefan said...

Sweden... and another adventure begins :-)

rubyruby said...

Wow, enjoy! I travel down kloof street every day :@) and will keep up the spirit :)

Jan-Stefan said...

Cool. Listen, please post some pics of Kloof Street every now and then on the Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=170158269077