01 November 2006

Carla's accident

Carla, my italian colleague, was involved in a car accident on Monday morning. Her car spun off the wet highway and, as she got out to phone her husband, another driver had an accident at the same spot and crashed into her! She survived but her right tibia and fibula was shattered. She is recovering from the open reduction and internal fixation performed Monday evening.

I plan to visit Carla over the weekend to cheer her up. Carla is a regulatory pharmacist and almost never uses medication. I will introduce her to the world of analgesics. Both my tibias and fibulas were broken 5 years ago, and I can give her some very personal insights in what to do and what not to do. Controlling the pain, for example taking tramadol, is one of the things you have to do.

No comments: