08 November 2006

Yum!

Some things never change. Yum remains my favourite restaurant. The food is amazing and the prices date from the 1990's. I have been raving about their roast pepper and tomato risotto for years and finally managed to invite Alicia, a colleague and culinary wizard, to have dinner with me and Abraham. Yum allows you to bring your own wine and tonight we drank one of my favorites, the Tamboerskloof Shiraz. You can find this wine at the wine boutique in the Kloof Lifestyle Centre or email the vineyard at admin@kleinood.co.za. I was tempted to have the risotto as well, but decided to try a special dish, a designer fish and chips: seared tuna. The fish was perfectly seared and tasty. Abraham ordered the risotto with rump and mascarpone. The total bill was R219 (including a R30 corkage fee). A visit to Yum is essential when visiting Cape Town.

No comments: