17 November 2006

The week that was

South Africa became the fifth country in the world to legalise same sex marriages but I will be cautious before rushing out to buy that wedding dress you never thought you would be allowed to wear. Just imagine: I can now invite my friends and family to attend my civil partnership union celebration (CPUC).

I attended the launch of a book "Table Mountain to Cape Point" at Groot Constantia on Wednesday. Seeing the ancient vineyards bathed in the golden sunset almost brought tears to my eyes. The photographer's sister, Helen McIlleron, is a colleague in the Division of Clinical Pharmacology and my PhD supervisor.


On Thursday my personal trainer (Sport Science Institute) destroyed my glutes and thighs. My myalgia is beyond description. It is embarrassing to walk and I have to descend stairs like a crab. I refused to do lunges but this was to no avail...

No comments: